Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 1996 10:44:19 +0200
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        james earl <james_earl@agt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netscape setup

james earl wrote:

> John Brann wrote:
> >
> > The simplest solution is, probably, to use the port - all of the ancillary
> > setup is handled for you.  Put the netscape tarball in /usr/ports/distfiles
> > cd to /usr/ports/www/netscape[2,3,301] and do a make all install.
>
> When you say "the netscape tarball," do you mean the one I download from
> Netscape for BSD systems, or do I (/can I) obtain this elsewhere?

It refers to the one you got from Netscape. If you won't have it where
it is expected, the port make will ftp it from Netscape again for you.
You can only get those files from Netscape mirror sites. Netscape is
commercial software, and it doesn't just hang around...

> Is the make command line: "make all install"?  Please forgive me for my
> ignorance, I'm pretty new to FreeBSD.

If I rememeber correctly, make install will do it all.
You may want to have a look at:

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook25.html#27

> Thanks.
Nadav