Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 1995 07:32:02 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        andreas@knobel.gun.de (Andreas Klemm)
Cc:        j@tcd-dresden.de (user alias), freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.0-RELEASE now available!

> On Tue, 21 Nov 1995, J Wunsch wrote:
> >
> > ad-hoc, i'd say ftp.germany.eu.net would be a reasonable default
> > server for Germany.  It's not on the official mirror list, but i know
> > that they are mirroring the distributions.  Short of this, "kuku"'s
> > gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de would also be possible (but i'm afraid of
> > overloading it -- Christoph?).

gil is in fact at present only a 20MB 486/33 SCSI system sufficient to
act as a ftp server. blues is a DX2/66 w 32MB acting as a sup server now.
In January I will do a CPU upgrade to a Pentium perhaps.

> Aachen has a sunsite sponsored by sun as usual. This machine should
> be large enough to manage the additional traffic ... Or am I mistaken ?

It is more an administrative thing then, I believe.
I will talk to the administrator of that site. Are we talking about a mail
hub here?