Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 1999 03:21:36 -0800
From:      "Daniel W .Montgomery" <dwm@umail.ucsb.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Recovering a mail spool.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might recover some email which
my mail reader sucked off my mail spool and dispersed into the ether as it
crashed?  The mail spool itself is empty, but might there be some log or
secondary location where the mail could still exist?

Tonight a message arrived from an old friend from whom I had not heard in
four years.  Naturally, this was the night I was fooling with kmail, trying
to find a decent mail reader.  Unfortunately, kmail decided that just now
was the time to crash and dump everything I had into the bit bucket.

I don't believe there is any way to recover the message, but I have to ask
to be sure.  Can anyone at least suggest a good mail reader which is plain,
will save outgoing mail, will let one manage saved messages in some
convenient way, and which is fairly configurable?

Thanks,

-Dan