Date:      Sun, 23 Jun 2002 15:01:39 +0600
From:      vadim@e-complex.ru
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   File system failure! URGENT Help needed!

Hi All!

  After adding new drive to system 2 of old drives was installed on
  one cable, and (by fatal flaw) both as slave. And after FBSD is booted it writed
  identical information onto both of that drivers simultaneously.
  As a result both filesystems is down. After that fsck was runed...
  and now very important data is lost.

  is was from words of the system administrator.

  Is it possible to recover data? I understand what I give you very
  small information, but it is all of I know.

  there is an example:

newserver# ls /backup/
Distr           Profiles        all             buh             home            pto             smeta
newserver# ls -i /backup/
ls: all: Bad file descriptor
ls: buh: Bad file descriptor
ls: smeta: Bad file descriptor
 6007573 Distr          14348288 Profiles           7936 home           12054848 pto

  It is obvious, that the part of inodes was lost. How can we restore
  it? May be, it is possible to recover that by info what is in the
  files?

Thank you in advance, and sorry for a bad English.

Vl.