Date:      Mon, 5 May 1997 22:25:52 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Geoff Mohler <gemohler@c-com.net>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Easy library problem..

On Tue, 6 May 1997, Michael Smith wrote:

> > > No idea.  How about you tell us what you're actually trying to do, hmm?
> >
> > Uhh..im just trying to run an application that wants this library, I installed
> > the linux compats, copied the library as I found works *heh* in the Email
> > archives..
> >
> > As far as I can tell, im not trying to do anything fancy, just use an
> > application that wants that library.
>
> Well, so far the information content of your messages is below the noise
> level.  I can't actually help you without a list of what you're trying
> to run, where you put the library, what you did after that &c. &c.
>
> So far, all I can tell you is that the library is the wrong one for
> wherever it is.

Well, since Ive installed a program, that depends on a library that comes with
the standard FreeBSD install (with linux compatability) and the OS fails to
recognize the library, I dont see an application problem.

The OS isnt loading the library..I ant give you anymore information than that.

Application is anything that wants that library.

Oh yeah..its xsysinfo.  Another included, sealed & approved package for
FreeBSD.

Sorry I cant give you gdb data to go with it.