Date:      Thu, 3 Feb 2000 12:29:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Anderson <bunicula@rcn.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   BSD at the Linux Expo

Well, the BSD booth seemed to do well when I was at the Expo yesterday
(probably in no small part due to the demon-women :) )

Seriously though, I had heard a few people talking about xBSD vs. Linux in
serious conversation (not my os is better than yours), so it was at least
getting people interested. I was having one of those conversations with
some random person, who it turns out was interviewing me for some
publication (not even sure if it was online or print), but in any event, I
had told him that I used FreeBSD more often than Linux, for better
networking performance, and (from my perception at least) better overall
stability.

I also got to chat with a couple of people at the booth about odd things I
had to do to the network startup scripts to get them to work in my
environment (2 DHCP addressed interfaces), and even got a little beanie
demon.

A fun thing overall, and now I have many way to spread propaganda (case
stickers, bumper stickers, assorted other stickers.

If anyone on here was involved, congrats on a job well done. Too bad I
could only make it for one day though... I missed the BOF session tonight
in exchange for seeing the keynote yesterday morning.

Brian