Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 09:45:18 -0500
From:      "David L. Aldridge" <dlac@aldridge.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IP Aliasing and llinfo errors

Ben Black, in his excellent article on IP Aliasing,
http://www.cypher.net/~black/ipalias.html

states (toward the bottom of the article)
	First, there is a bug in all distributions of
	bind (the named DNS server is part of BIND)
	that prevents named from starting properly
	when there are more than 64 aliases on an
	interface. None of the fixes are particularly
	simple, so I will skip them all for now.

The news groups abound with questions about this type of error.
arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo for 206.180.151.1

The typical response is that routing is screwed up.

In my case, I think it is because I have more than 64 aliases on my interface.
I bet that is common.

Could someone with Ben Black's clue explain or point us to information on the
fixes for the bug.

Thanks
Dave
--
David L. Aldridge
The Aldridge Company 281.368.0166 (fax: 281.368.0381)