Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 1998 22:11:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Incoming Mail List <mailist@whoweb.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ftp login problems

I have a rather perplexing problem that has only occured since
I upgraded (and I do mean the upgrade, not a reinstall) from
2.1 to 2.2.5.

Since the upgrade, I am unable to use ftp to log into NEW
user accounts that I create.  I can telnet into the new
accounts fine, but ftp fails with

	530 Login incorrect.
	Login failed.

However, I have no problems using ftp to login into the OLD
accounts that existed prior to the upgrade.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jon