Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:05:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Milon Papezik <Milon.Papezik@oskarmobil.cz>
Cc:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>, Andre Oppermann <oppermann@pipeline.ch>, Pekka Nikander <pekka.nikander@nomadiclab.com>, Marco Molteni <molter@tin.it>, freebsd-net <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: SecureID (was 802.1x)

We are running the SecureID clients on freeBSD 4.4

I don't think they have the server running on FreeBSD
but we are just using a sun for that.

The radiusd code has the option to link with their libraries
so we did that.. that gives us a freebsd SecureID based radiusd.
(it's the ascend radiusd)
then we use the PAM pam_radius module to make everything else ask the
radiusd for authentication...

(therefore secureID ssh connections without changing any code..
or in fact any PAMified or radius capable server).

Since they include the library in their FreeBSD package, I am thinking
of making a direct SecureID PAM module so we can cut out the
radiusd middleman.

Julian