Date:      Sat, 29 Jun 1996 04:55:01 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Dan Polivy <danp@carebase3.jri.org>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: whoa...somethings wrong..

"Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote in message ID
<7461.836019279@time.cdrom.com>:
> Classic UNIX, actually.  Filesystems have a hidden 10% float (well, I

I seem to remember David changed the default to 7% sometime (a while
ago anyhow).

> like a negative amount of space free.  When you reach 110%, you'll
> REALLY be full. :-)

107% :-)

Of course, as Jordan said, this IS tuneable, but I wouldn't recommend
touching it unless you know what you are doing.

The actual value can be seen/set with tunefs(8). The filesystem has to
be unmounted for this to work.

Gary