Date:      Thu, 6 Mar 2003 20:34:12 +0100
From:      Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <myevmenk@exodus.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bluetooth stack for FreeBSD

--XStn23h1fwudRqtG

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 03:24:10PM -0800, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
>=20
> Dear Hackers,
>=20
> I'm very pleased to announce that another release is available for=20
> download at
>=20
> http://www.geocities.com/m_evmenkin/ngbt-fbsd-20030305.tar.gz
>=20
> The Bluetooth sockets layer has been cleaned up. People should not
> see any WITNESS complains with new code. Locking issues have been
> revisited and code in much better shape now, although it probably
> is not 100% SMP ready just yet. The code should work on SMP system
> anyway because sockets layer is still under Giant. Minor bug in
> OpenOBEX library has been fixed and OPEX Put-Empty command now works.
> Also ng_ubt(4) now supports Wireless Transceiver for Bluetooth from
> Microsoft. Thanks to Dustin Boontheekul <dboonthe@math.okstate.edu>
> for testing.
>=20
> IMPORTANT!
>=20
> Due to changes in API userland tools must be in sync with the kernel.
> People should install new include files, recompile and reinstall all
> userland tools as part of upgrade. I'm sorry about that.
>=20
> IMPORTANT!
>=20
> New taskqueue_swi_giant has been introduces recently in FreeBSD.
> The socket code has been converted to use it. If you system is
> not recent you will need
>=20
> 1) upgrade to recent -current
> or
> 2) change taskqueue_swi_giant to taskqueue_swi and compile code.
>=20
> People are advised to upgrade and try the new code. Please do ask
> question and submit success stories/bug reports to me. Please also
> CC to one the FreeBSD mailing lists (mobile, net or current) for
> archive purposes.
>=20
> thanks,
> max
>=20

Are there any undertakings on the way to update the bluetooth code
in -CURRENT to a newer snapshot?

- Christian

--=20
Christian Brueffer	chris@unixpages.org	brueffer@FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc
GPG Fingerprint: A5C8 2099 19FF AACA F41B  B29B 6C76 178C A0ED 982D

--XStn23h1fwudRqtG

--XStn23h1fwudRqtG--