Date:      Fri, 11 Mar 2011 14:43:58 +0100
From:      Bartosz Fabianowski <freebsd@chillt.de>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        Andrew Hinton <theblamethrower.newsgroups@gmail.com>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD support for ATI graphics cards

> 2D and 3D acceleration is available from the very old 9000-series, to
> the newer X300/600/1600/1900, 2000-, 3000-, and 4000-series.

That said, I suddenly have working 2D acceleration on my Radeon HD 5470.
I have no idea what changed. I am in the middle of updating several
hundred ports, including the X bump from 7.5 to 7.5.1 but have *not*
updated the ATI driver to 6.14.0 yet. I just updated a random subset of
ports, rebooted because I wanted to flash the BIOS to a newer version -
and suddenly my desktop is snappy, video playback works at full HD
resolution. I am quite surprised - in a very positive way.

- Bartosz