Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 2015 12:57:55 +1030
From:      Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
To:        Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>, reg@dwf.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where is the source?

On 16/02/2015 12:21, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2015 15:42:18 -0700
> reg@dwf.com wrote:
>

>> I am obviously missing something, but where is the source
>> for the PC-BSD kernel.  I dont see it on the DVD release.
>>
>> I need it to build a NVIDIA driver for my video card.
>>
>> Mabe I just dont understand the wording of the descriptions
>> of the various files, but I dont see it.
>
> there is no PC-BSD kernel. They use the FreeBSD kernel.
>
> Which version do you need?
>
> I use currently this one:
>
> svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/stable/10
>
> I do not know about svn and PC-BSD.
>
> Erich

You can find the source tarball matching the release on the pcbsd dvd.
It is located at dist/src.txz on the disc

I think pcbsd uses releng for it's main release discs so from freebsd
svn you would want

svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/releng/10.1

The pcbsd official repo can be found at
https://github.com/pcbsd/pcbsd
but it is only the custom pcbsd components and build scripts not the
kernel or world source from the freebsd source tree.

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler