Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2012 19:36:25 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        Chris Rees <crees@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Current FreeBSD <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Ports FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: WAS: Re: Why Are You NOT Using FreeBSD ? New: port annoyance LibreOffice
References:  <CAOgwaMvsv3e1TxDauV038Pp7LRiYeH7oAODE%2Bw-pxHt9oGrXMA@mail.gmail.com> <20120604110339.GA9426@equilibrium.bsdes.net> <CAOjkAUe0_U==vjQGO77sQy=4JJ_e_ypoGpVbf1Mg62ttXATJYw@mail.gmail.com> <4FD2D4CC.3080109@ateamsystems.com> <4FD3003C.4080109@zedat.fu-berlin.de> <4FD352FF.9090101@ateamsystems.com> <4FD357F2.9090901@zedat.fu-berlin.de> <4FD35905.9080500@ateamsystems.com> <20120610121210.3ce1bd9d@zelda.sugioarto.com> <CADLo838gS7L=Sy9Giow1gYMtM2n4NnoHJWm8p3ZCvi6CZbMWhg@mail.gmail.com> <20120610165455.1c59e8ae@zelda.sugioarto.com> <4FD4C0AC.4000802@yahoo.com> <4FD4D4F6.9090805@zedat.fu-berlin.de> <CADLo838zgtG2GXhyYaR1PnHk2-_RtXeGisOyW=AgRMLJy-=Fww@mail.gmail.com>

--------------enigA551136DDEEFDD43037E3AA0

On 06/10/12 19:20, Chris Rees wrote:
> On 10 June 2012 18:10, O. Hartmann <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:=

>> Not even in german/libreoffice. i try to build the standard version an=
>> I receive the same error.
>>
>> I can fix this by doing what the buildsystem suggests, but then I have=
>> stop in sfx2 and others and it ends up in some module called tail_XXXX=
,
>> where the build never ends when performing the repair as suggested. I
>> had once a box running all the night looping building in this folder.

>> I can confirm that. I fixed that for me by "portmaster p5-" in case
>> p5-SAX-XXX failed.
>=20
> There's an UPDATING message written for that very purpose.

And even WITH this message written in /usr/ports/UPDATING and follwoing
those instrauctions, I have had the very same problem as for years now
with this port.

The problem is, if you'd like to do an "automated" or "unattended"
update of the ports, you stumble very quickly in such a kind of show
stopper.

If you do not update on a regular basis, those "problems" develop in
very serious problems.

By the way, the reason why I update also the ports on a regular basis IS
because of 100% sure problems if I wait for weeks or months.

>=20

 The

>> "portmaster" does even more damage. Sometimed a port reels in some new=
ly
>> updates, a port gets deleted. if on of the to be updated prerquisits
>> fail, the port in question isn't there anymore.
>>
>> "portmaster" fails quite often in "oberwriting" remnant files. If a po=
rt
>> gets corrupted by accident, like graphics/netpbm, One need to delete a=
ll
>> binaries manually from /usr/local/bin, otherwise the installation fail=
s.

>> Somehow I wish to have a "brute force" knob to overwrite everything in=
>> brutal way.
>=20
> FORCE_PKG_REGISTER.

Enabled by default in /etc/make.conf in my configuration.

 And the problem still persists ...