Date:      Tue, 03 Jan 2006 13:50:29 +0100
From:      Gregory Nou <gregorynou@altern.org>
To:        Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
Cc:        openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: more Java issues

Robert Huff wrote:
> 	On 20 Nov 2005, Bartosz Fabianowski writes:
>

>> OpenOffice.org 2.0 is compiling nicely with native JDKs 1.4 and
>> 1.5 installed.
>

> 	However this from NAKATA Maho on 30 Oct 2005:
>

>> since Hamburg team only interested in jdk1.4, so it is up to
>> us. for example m136 integrates nojava which supports jdk15, 13
>> etc.  but another work needed for FreeBSD...
>

> 	Has anyone successfully compiled anything in the OO 2.0 series
> using only the native JDK 1.5?
> 	If so, how?
> 	If not, how soon until m136?

Hi,
I tried to do it.
In fact, I believe it is not possible as it, because of some reserved
keyword which changed. (IIRC, there is for example the new keyword enum
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/Enum.html)
A possibility is to compile java code using the jdk14 compatibility by
invoking javac with option "-version 1.4"
If you try, let me know if you are successful.

--
gregory