Date:      Wed, 3 Jul 2019 14:45:45 -0500
From:      Eric van Gyzen <vangyzen@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bhyve serial terminal server

I would like to expose bhyve serial consoles over TCP sockets, like many
terminal servers do for hardware serial ports.  Is there any open-source
software to do this?

I found ports/comms/conserver-com, which is /almost/ what I want.  I
want the client to simply connect to a TCP port and get direct,
immediate access to the guest console associated with that port.  Can
conserver do this?  We have lots of infrastructure and tooling built
around this model, and I'd rather avoid modifying it to support the
conserver model.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Eric