Date:      Tue, 26 Dec 1995 06:24:53 EDT
From:      "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@x.org>
To:        Daniel Leeds <cosmos@sponsor.octet.com>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: motif 2.0

> has anyone successfuly built Motif 2.0 on FreeeBSD 2.1 yet??

Yes.

> im curious whether or not anyone has tried it and what their experiences
> were.

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. ;-)

If you read the R6 release notes they have some hints for building
Motif from source. You'll need to rewrite the Motif Imakefiles to
work with the R6 imake. R6 .../lib/Xaw/Imakefile is a pretty good
model to use for .../lib/Xm/Imakefile. The mwm Imakefile should be
okay as it is, more or less.

I can't really send you what I've got because a) copyright, and b) Motif
is changing some for 2.1 so the Imakefile has changed somewhat. There
aren't really any show stoppers, just be prepared to spend a little (or a
lot of) time getting it figured out.

(And I don't really have any time to hold anyone's hand while they do
it :-(, so please don't ask. :-( :-()

--

Kaleb KEITHLEY
X Consortium