Date:      Wed, 1 Dec 1999 01:04:56 -0500
From:      matt@csis.gvsu.edu
To:        freebsd-audit@freebsd.org
Subject:   [matt@: Re: Time to redirect! (Was: Re: Topics for -security vs. topics for -audit)]

Oops! Forgot to cc -audit and include a "resume".

My "resume" is pretty limited, I've had about 5 years C experience
and 1 year studying secure programming techniques. I suppose I
don't have any specific "strengths", but I'm willing to help out
in any way possible!

I'll be available in roughly 2 weeks (after exams).

> So far, the results (c|sh)ould be:
> 1) Code examined by <auditor> and deemed
> [SNIP]

Definately, the first targets should be S[UG]ID programs and
network daemons.

>    c) to have adopted (where appropriate) such fixes/features
>       offered by our sister BSD's.

I see that OpenBSD's strlcpy() and strlcat() are integrated in 3.3,
but they don't seem to used at all (at least on -STABLE).

Perhaps it's even worth the effort to audit some of the more
popular ports?

I assume the target will be -CURRENT?

--
http://www.csis.gvsu.edu/matt
03 F8 23 C5 43 A2 F7 5A  24 49 F7 B0 3A F9 B1 7F