Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 18:38:54 +0100
From:      Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
To:        Thomas Vogt <turbo23@gmx.net>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: unable to build nessus

On Thursday 17 January 2002 18:11, Thomas Vogt wrote:

Hi Thomas,

> Hi
>
> When i try to compile nessus from the ports (1.0.9) or also the latest
> stable version from the nessus homepage (1.0.10) I alway get this error:
>

> gcc -g -O2 `./cflags` -c html_graph_output.c
> html_graph_output.c:69: conflicting types for `strcasestr'
> /usr/include/string.h:86: previous declaration of `strcasestr'
> *** Error code 1
>
> It worked  after I've uncommented line 86 in /usr/include/string.h.  But
> is there no way to better fix  that?

A quick glance at that file:

#include <includes.h>
#include "gdchart0.94b/gdc.h"
#include "gdchart0.94b/gdchart.h"
#include "gdchart0.94b/gdcpie.h"
#include "report.h"
#include "report_utils.h"
#include "error_dialog.h"
#include "globals.h"
#include "nsr_output.h"

static char* strcasestr(char*, char *);
	^^^^^^^^

For some odd reason (he is probably a linux user :-) the author of that code
thought that the strcasetr prototype in /usr/include/srting.h was not enough
and decided to add another one. Commenting out that line should fix the
problem.

Cheers,

--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net