Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:25:57 +0200
From:      Andreas Totlis <usenet@esct.org>
To:        Peter Elsner <peter@servplex.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI tape drive...

Hello,

* Peter Elsner <peter@servplex.com> [030617 16:37]:
> Yes, I have used a cleaning cartridge... (2 of them as a matter of fact).
>
> Also replaced all the hardware, tape drive, scsi card, and cable...
>
> I'm not sure how to change the buffers in my back up scenario...
> I know it was working for 3 years, without incident, and then
> suddenly stopped, right about the time I upgraded from 4.7 to 4.8...
I've similar messages for any time. My blocksize was not correct.
My blocksize from dump -b was not equal with the mt blocksize parameter.
But you've said the only modification is upgrade from 4.7 -> 4.8.

Here works a Tandberg SLR50 on Adaptec 29160 with 4.8. with no problems.

Sorry, that i cannot help.

Andreas -