Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 1999 13:48:02 +0200
From:      Eric MASSON <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
To:        William Law <willaw79@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Air Edwin <airedwin@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel compile

Hi,

> According to the handbook, the 'config' stated below
> is supposed to be edited according to the kernel's
> configuration name. This guy (sorry, I deleted the
> email) doesn't seem to state what problems he's
> having, and he's supposed to do 'make install' after
> 'make', and reboot.
According to the handbook,
"You should always use kernel for kernel_name because changing it will
render numerous system utilities inoperative."

I sure agree that : config -r kernel_name, cd ../../compile/kernel_name,
make depend, make and make install are mandatory.

Eric
--
Any opinions expressed above  | Murphy's Law Corollary :
are my own, not Kisoft's      | Murphy was an optimist.