Date:      Sat, 17 Jul 1999 15:07:12 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Craig Johnston <caj@lfn.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   vinum is cool.  anyone bitten recently?

Well, I'm looking into doing striping and mirroring on a new webserver
I am bringing up (3.2-stable) and I have to say, vinum looks very cool.
It took me like half an hour to get it going from first contact.

Nice job Greg -- very straightforward.

Now, the official status of vinum is still alpha, right?  But then
again I know that that was (is?) the official status of softupdates
for quite some time and I have been using it with no problems.

So my question is, has anyone actually been bitten by vinum recently?

I'm willing to take my chances if I can at least be pretty sure that I
won't suddenly lose everything on both plexes if I am mirroring.

thanks,
Craig.