Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 1997 07:02:02 -0600 (CST)
From:      Andrew J Will <zardoz@csd.uwm.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Driver Question (Modem / Sound Card)

Dear Tech Support,

I have installed FreeBSD 2.2 on my 386-DX with 8 MEG RAM and an older AMI
BIOS. I have a modem and a sound card which are Plug-and-Play and as far
as I can tell, the /dev files look like they are configured right. The
modem doesn't respond when I use "tip" and I don't even know where to start
with the sound card.

I am trying to port over a driver to FreeBSD from Linux for this particular
sound card, so any help you can give me as far as what resources to look in
for PC Books or BSD books would be monumentally appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Will
--
zardoz@csd.uwm.edu