Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 2001 21:34:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      davidx@mail.viasoft.com.cn
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/25027: samba nmbd core dumped on isolated machine

>Number:         25027
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       samba nmbd core dumped on isolated machine
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
%uname -a
FreeBSD slim.yifeng.com 4.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE #3: Thu Feb  8 21:45:52
CST 2001     root@slim.yifeng.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/COMPACT  i386

on isolated machine, there isn't any network card probed, samba nmbd
will exit on signal 11. on my laptop PC, because nmbd started before PCMCIA net card is probed, nmbd always clashes. after PCMCIA net card
probed, restart nmbd is OK.

Conclusion:
when there isn't any net card probed in FreeBSD system,
nmbd will cause signal 11 with core dumped when it is starting.