Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 1995 14:00:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu, terry@lambert.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com, platforms@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Recommended by someone who knows this stuff.

> > CHRP Bibliography:
> > 	[20] PowerPC Microprocessor Common Hardware Reference Platform:
> > 		Hardware Technical Reference, available from IBM.
> >
> > Mac. Tech. in CHRP Bibliography:
> > 	Apple/IBM/Motorola
> > 		PowerPC Microprocessor Common Hardware Reference
> > 		Platform: I/O Reference, presents architectural
> > 		specifications for CHRP input and output facilities.
> > 		It is available from IBM.
>
> I think the first document is restricted deistribution.  I saw the
> reference for the second, but I think you have to buy it from IBM

Actually, from two sources, the I/O Reference is, as yet, incomplete.

> seemed to be a waste (overall cost is maybe higher than buying the
> thing), because I wanted to get on their "CHRP stuff" mailing list

Getting on the mailing list is a good idea.  I think I'll call and
ask about these two documents.  I'm working on ruining my eyesight
by printing these docs 4-up on my printer...  ;-)  I'm running out
of shelf space as it is...

> if they had one, and because the online HTML version of CHRP sucks
> out for doing anything with it.

For anything but perusal, I agree.  For real work, not much can beat
docs on paper...

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **