Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2001 18:00:37 +0400
From:      "Nikolaj I. Potanin" <nikolaj@mail.spbnit.ru>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ipfw and icq

Hello to every GURU in this list!

I'm a novice in this world :) and I have problem configuring
firewall(ipfw) and icq on my FreeBSD4.2-box. I'm using a PPP connection
to my ISP and therefore there are some differences in configuring ipfw
(or not?). Everything works perfect, firewall filters all is has to, but
I didn't manage to connect to my favorite icq.mirabilis.com:4000 %)I
know that I should add something like

$fwcmd add allow udp from any to any 4000

But it doesn't work!

Here is my fwrules-file:

fwcmd="/sbin/ipfw"
$fwcmd -f flush
$fwcmd add divert natd all from any to any via tun0
$fwcmd add allow ip from any to any via lo0
$fwcmd add allow tcp from any to any out xmit tun0 setup
$fwcmd add allow tcp from any to any via tun0 established
$fwcmd add allow tcp from any to any 80 setup
$fwcmd add allow tcp from any to any 22 setup
$fwcmd add reset log tcp from any to any 113 in recv tun0
$fwcmd add allow udp from any to MY_ISP'S_DNS_NUMBER 53 out xmit tun0
$fwcmd add allow udp from MY_ISP'S_DNS_NUMBER 53 to any in recv tun0
$fwcmd add 65435 allow icmp from any to any
$fwcmd add 65435 deny log ip from any to any

Maybe it's beacause of [options TCP_RESTRICT_RST] option added to my
CUSTOM_KERNEL config file? Any ideas about this problem?

Thanks in advance,

==
Nikolaj I. Potanin
http://www.physto.se/~nikolaj