Date:      Thu, 2 Jul 1998 10:50:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ken Seggerman <suleyman@echonyc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   laptop credit card modem & emacs fails

Greetings:

Since yesterdays message, I reinstalled 2.2.5 on my laptop from the
pao-boot.flp.

It configured my pcmcia credit card modem, but it didn't seem to stick.

User PPP fails because it cannot find a regular cuaa modem.

The credit card modem is successfully probed at boot time as zp
Xircom-credit card modem slot 0, but there is no zp in /dev/. MAKEDEV does
not recognize zp.

pkg_add installed emacs, but it does not work. ld.so fails to find some
shared resource. It looks as if emacs expects XFree86 to be installed, and
needs one of its resourses.

pkg_add worked on uemacs. I would like to have regular emacs, but don't
have room for X.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ken