Date:      Mon, 21 May 2012 09:51:37 -0500
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Efra=C3=ADn_D=C3=A9ctor?= <efraindector@motumweb.com>
To:        "Ollivier Robert" <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 9 and PERC H200

-----Mensaje original-----
From: Ollivier Robert
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 11:48 AM
To: freebsd-stable@freebsd.org

According to Efraín Déctor:
> Today we got a Dell R210 II server with RAID controller PERC H200A,
> unfortunately I can’t install FreeBSD 9.0 on it, it appears that doesn’t
> recognize the RAID Controller. I’ve been looking and the solution is to
> disable de controller and make a RAID using software, however this doesn’t
> seem right to us (we want to test the controller itself). Do any of you
> guys know if the new FreeBSD 8.3 supports this controller?.

If you are installing 9.0-R, the only driver in there is the mpt one and
yes, the hardware raid in not supported, you need to put the drives in
passthrough and use gmirror or ZFS.

In 9-STABLE, there is a new driver from LSI themselves which should support
RAID.  You could try to install a 9 snapshot and see whether it works.

I'd suggest going the passthrough mode and install ZFS, at least, that what
I did on my own R210 server.

-----Final Mensaje original-----

Thanks for your answer, does anyone know if FreeBSD 8.3-RELEASE is
compatible with PERC H200?.

Thanks in advance.