Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2000 10:46:07 -0700
From:      Dann Lunsford <dann@greycat.com>
To:        Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: possible bug with 'make readmes'

On Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 09:01:51AM -0400, Trevor Johnson wrote:
> > I have cvsup in the ports dir ignore certain packages (ie: all languages like
> > russian, french)
> > Now since these packages do not exist, if I type 'make readmes' in the
> > /usr/ports dir.
> > It prints 'cd: can't cd to chinese' and then it just hangs there.
>
> This same problem was discussed  in the "make readmes prob w/non-existent
> directories" thread.  I wonder whether just making an empty directory
> chinese/ would help.

Nope, doesn't help.  Just hangs at a different place.

The only thing I've been able to come up with is a mod to /usr/ports/Makefile
that's more than a little kludgey, but it works:

# $FreeBSD: ports/Makefile,v 1.60 2000/09/27 02:08:53 asami Exp $
#

XXTMPDIR += archivers
XXTMPDIR += astro
XXTMPDIR += audio