Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 2000 19:53:03 -0400
From:      "Raymond Hicks" <rayhicks@UU.NET>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   installing ssh?

I have just finished installing FreeBSD 4.1..  the only problem is I cannot
get the SSH port to install from the makefile?  It is telling me that I need
openssl but when I run the make on openssl,  it tells me that it is already
in the base system?  Can someone please tell me what to do,?  I have since
gone to the openssh website,  downloaded the current version and installed
it on the box but when I connect to other sites via ssh,  it errors that
invalid protocol is being used and that user authentication failed?  any
ideas here? \\

help

cheers

raymond hicks