Date:      Sat, 16 Aug 1997 17:57:28 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Paul Dekkers <psd@worldaccess.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   shutdown -r now doesn't unmount ext2 disks?

Hi, Well... That's my question ;-)

Doesn't shutdown -r now umount my ext2fs partitions?
It seems not, or is it because my mail-queue is pointed to that disk, and
sendmail is still running? (don't know if shutdown -r now shuts down all
program's)
Every time I shut down and restart my computer my ext2fs has errors, and
when unmounting the disk first it works ok.

(that's something I forgot, like sometimes I'm still pressing
ctrl-alt-del, while pressing it I know it's wrong and I've to repair my
disks... :-( nothing to do about that huh? just learn from your faults...)

-= Paul =-
 __   _
/  |_| |
  / _ \     Paul Dekkers (Paul.Dekkers@cgu.edusurf.nl)