Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 1997 15:54:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu
Cc:        FreeBSD-Ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tcl

 * Well, I was thinking about all the stuff done to allow different versions
 * of tcl and tk to coexist.  In my opinion, they break the method that
 * tcl/tk uses to determine things itself.

Yes, but that doesn't have anything to do with a certain version of
tcl being in /usr.  With tcl-7.5/7.6 and tk-4.1/4.2 as well as their
Japanese counterparts, we'll still have the same problem.  (Is 8.0 out
of alpha yet?)

 * I agree, tk wouldn't be added.  I'd be happy yanking tcl out of the
 * sources.  I guess I just didn't want to crosspost on this, yet.  I might
 * bring it up on hackers, later.  I don't think there are any scripts in tcl
 * that couldn't be in perl.

No comment on that from me. ;)

Satoshi