Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 1997 19:16:25 -0600
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@freebsd.org>, freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where are the src-cur and ports-cur CTM distributions stored?

At 5:14 PM -0600 4/3/97, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>> If you must refer to my archive, please use the reference
>> ftp://ftp.dataplex.net/pub/FreeBSD/CTM
>>
>> In the long run, we MUST get some archive site for more general usage.
>> I do not have the bandwidth to support much usage of the ftp capability and
>> will have to terminate it if the usage becomes excessive.
>
>I've free'd up some space on ftp.freebsd.org - where do you want them?

Thanks for stepping forward..

I tend to prefer grouping all the ctm archives in one directory rather than
spreading
them into various distribution trees. If it is desirable to have them
associated with
the distrimution, a symbolic link can allow both strategies to appear to exist.

I would suggest that you parallel the structure that I am using. IOW,
/pub/FreeBSD/CTM/src-2.2 , /pub/FreeBSD/CTM/src-cur , etc.

To initialize things, you may simply copy my CTM tree. For the long term,
I suggest that you subscribe to each of the lists so that the distibutions
are archived automatically as src-2.2 is presently handled.