Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 1997 11:07:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kwoody <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: /usr/bin/passwd missing...

On Fri, 14 Nov 1997, Doug White wrote:

> > passwd here yet...I'm the only user here but have my dialup always on and
> > figure its better safe than sorry about that and make a few things more
> > secure in regards to passwords...
>
> Ok...how wierd....

Very wierd...unless by some awful chance I accidently deleted it somehow.
I did a find for the whole disk and came up with nothing. Its not anywhere.

> > ld.so failed: Cant find shared library "libkadm.so.2.0"
>
> Oops, that one is kerberized.  You need a non-kerberized passwd.  I'll put
> mine up here:

I realized that on the next file as it as libkrb.so.2.1 or somthig like
that I figured it had to do with kerberos, even though I dont have it
installed here....dont know a thing about it.

> ftp://gdi.uoregon.edu/pub/passwd

Thanks will grab it today sometime. Though will using the kerberized one
pose a prob? Passwords get changed ok and they work and all but....?
Is there not a non-kerberized one on the cd?

> I'm curious why it's missing, it shouldn't be.

I really dont know. I have not done anything special with this system.
Its become my main system for use, but its mostly a "play" system. I may
have deleted it by mistake somehow but really dont think so.

maybe my history files hav something in them....

Thanks,
Keith