Date:      Thu, 3 Sep 1998 19:52:33 -0500
From:      Michael Maxwell <drwho@xnet.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SQL package

On Tue, Sep 01, 1998 at 12:27:08PM -0700, Dan Mahoney wrote:
> My recommendation would be mysql (http://www.tcx.se).  It implements
> an important subset of the SQL-92 standard, and has proven to be very
> reliable and speedier than the others I've tried.

Well, I tried this package the other night, but all it did was coredump
as soon as I attempted to run the self-tests.  I downloaded it directly
from the original site (didn't use a package / port).  Then, after seeing
that fail, I tried to make the port, but it shows up as "broken"...?

However, to toss in an idea, I've used PostgreSQL for a while now and
it has performed reasonably well in small applications (just my own code,
etc... I don't know much SQL, so I haven't seen it firsthand on large
applications).

 www.postgresql.org for more info

--
drwho @ xnet.com  --   http://www.xnet.com/~drwho/
"Freedom of government is good, but freedom FROM government is better."