Date:      Thu, 01 Apr 1999 15:36:42 -0800
From:      jbarbee@singular.com (John Barbee)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu
Subject:   !!! pn0: watchdog timeout

I just sent a message not too long ago about weird watchdog timeout messages.

I thought those were just harmless messages but I was wrong.
Whenever someone from any windows machine tries to copy files onto an SMB
share of this machine, they get an error box that says, "couldn't complete
due to a network error."  At the very same time, these watchdog messages
show up.

What is going on?  Is the the ethernet card's driver bad or is the watchdog
feature interfering with the operating system?

In my kernel config all I have is
device pn0.
I do not have
option HW_WDOG.
Should I add this in even though I don't have a watchdog driver (or do I
and I just don't know it)?

please help.

john.

The following is the original message.