Date:      Wed, 27 Dec 1995 13:39:38 -0500
From:      Ken Fallot <fallot@ecc.nyseg.com>
To:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   dial-up , PPP, SLIP or other REMOTE X

  help
  I'm running FreeBSD 2.0.5 on P90 with perm. connection to internet at work.

  I would like to provide myself with dial in capabilities and run
  things like Mosaic, Netscape and other X applications from home. (also
  FreeBsd) I've read some about PPP and SLIP and I'm still a bit confused.
  If anyone can help answer some of my questions I would be greatfull.

  - I only have one IP from my ISP can i still run ppp or slip?
  - Is there any "REMOTE X" type applicatione i can use on dial-up?
  - Is there any way i can do one of the above from a DOS client?
    ( please don't flame me , some co-workers don't have UNIX )

   I have already set up /dev/ttyd0 with USRobitics 14.4 and
   can use standard terminal emulator from home. I've read the FreeBSD
   handbook sections on PPP and SLIP , the man pages don't seem to help.

   thanks in advance
       Ken Fallot     fallot@ecc.nyseg.com