Date:      Wed, 07 Aug 1996 18:07:19 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.DIALix.COM>
To:        "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sup of the cvs tree (very long everyday)

"Christoph P. Kukulies" wrote:
> Anyone else supping cvs? I wonder why my sup log (the outcome of
> sup -v supfile | mail -s "cvs sup finished `date`" kuku
> is around 4000 lines nearly every day. Does it have a technical reason
> lying in cvs itself? Most of the lines are 'Updated directory...'
>
> --Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku@gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de

Yes.  Sup is mirroring the timestamps of the directory files themselves it
seems.  Every time somebody does a 'cvs update' and something gets checked
out, lock files are created in the /home/ncvs tree, changing the
timestamps of the containing directories.  Hence, each sup run causes the
"Updating directory ..." etc.

As to why there are 4000 entries, I dont know... :-/

Cheers,
-Peter