Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 2004 19:34:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        Edd <list@arameus.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ho hum. Make installworld

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Edd wrote:

> Checked out current src yesterday and did make buildworld followed by
> mergemaster -p. Then make installworld:

Don't forget to build the kernel :)

> ===> sbin/geom/class/concat
> install -s -o root -g wheel -m 444     geom_concat.so.1 /lib/geom
> ln -fs geom_concat.so.1 /lib/geom/geom_concat.so
> ln: /lib/geom/geom_concat.so: Not a directory
> *** Error code 1

What version of src/etc/mtree/BSD.root.dist do you have?

> Not too sure what I am supposed to do at this point. Can anyone help me?

You could probably create /lib/geom manually, but if you have to make
/lib, then something is very wrong with your checkout. Perhaps you have a
sticky tag from a previous release hanging around?

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org