Date:      Fri, 7 Dec 2012 16:56:17 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?Edward_Tomasz_Napiera=B3a?= <trasz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Matt Burke <mattblists@icritical.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS hang

Wiadomo=B6=E6 napisana przez Matt Burke w dniu 7 gru 2012, o godz. =
13:15:
> After rebooting the box, I've just seen this on the console (after =
'Setting
> hostid'):
>=20
> (da8:isci0:0:0:0): READ(10). CDB: 28 0 4 21 53 8 0 1 0 0
> (da8:isci0:0:0:0): CAM status: SCSI Status Error
> (da8:isci0:0:0:0): SCSI status: Check Condition
> (da8:isci0:0:0:0): SCSI sense: MEDIUM ERROR asc:ffffffff,ffffffff =
(Reserved
> ASC/ASCQ pair)

[..]

> I can understand the drive failing, I just can't understand how it =
hung the
> system. I have had a similar thing happen on one of these machines =
before
> (with GENERIC and no dumpdev, so no debugging) with one of these disks =
on
> an Areca HBA.

Could you try to change the "failmode" zpool property (zpool set =
failmode=3Dcontinue")
and see if it helps?  I seem to remember the default behaviour for ZFS =
is to wait
for a miracle to happen instead of returning Input/Output Error to the =
application.

--=20
If you cut off my head, what would I say?  Me and my head, or me and my =
body?