Date:      Thu, 06 Oct 2005 10:43:49 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Terrapin Joe Esq <terrapin2005@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IEEE 1394 (firewire) support

Terrapin Joe Esq wrote:
> hey tony,
>
> my name is joe b.i received a firewire card this morning.i have a
> question.i need to know if i have to pull the dial up modem card(if i
> dont have an expansion pci slot)should i or do i have to remove the
> modem driver/hardware profile from device manager for the modem card
> before i install the IEEE in its place??im running xp pro sp2,sp3 & sp4
> and in the midst of upgrading my system & any help is gratefully
> appreciated..thanks

Hello Joe B,
First, unscrew the wing nut.  Next, undo the two latches that hold the
top layer to the second layer.  Now, you should be able to pull the
cover off, and see the main control board.  Do you see the little logo
of a guy, scratching his head?  If you do, great.  If not, that means
you've emailed the wrong people.