Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 15:39:48 +0300
From:      Ari Suutari <ari@suutari.iki.fi>
To:        isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   connection (isp device) does not after dial failure

Hi,

I have a box with multiple outgoing isdn connections using
5 isp devices. If I get a situation where two of them are already
connected and another one tries to connect (I'm using isp devices
with LINK1 qualifier so they dial out when packet arrives) then
isp device enters 'establish' state (as shown by spppcontrol).
However as there are no ISDN channels free, I get from isdnd:

Jun 19 15:25:39 test isdnd[71]: DBG msg_dialout: dial req from isp, unit =
3
Jun 19 15:25:39 test isdnd[71]: DBG setup_dialout: entry xxxx, no channel=
 free
Jun 19 15:25:39 test isdnd[71]: DBG find_by_device_for_dialout: entry 3,=20
setup_dialout() failed!
Jun 19 15:25:39 test isdnd[71]: DBG msg_dialout: config entry reserved or=
 no=20
mat

The connection fails, but isp device stays in 'establish' mode. Now,=20
after I  while the other connections close and there are free isdn channe=
ls.
However, when new packets arrive to isp device (when it is in establish m=
ode)
it doesn't seem to cause dialing again. Executing ifconfig ispX down and
ifconfig ispX up makes it work again.

Could the problem be in isdnd, namely in msghdl.c function=20
msg_dialout ? It calls find_by_device_for_dialout, which returns
NULL in this case. However, the problem is not reported back
to isp device, it is just logged. Would it help to add=20
a call to dialresponse before returning ?

=09Ari S.