Date:      Tue, 9 Mar 1999 10:08:10 -0600 (CST)
From:      Licia <licia@o-o.org>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        fad@o-o.org
Subject:   A new feature for /usr/bin/login (feedback requested)

I'm finally getting around to coding a feature into /usr/bin/login that I have
need for at work and on my home system, and would like feedback from anyone
else who might want to use/see a copy of it when I'm done.

I'm going to alter login so that any person with a login group of 80 will
be automagically chrooted.  If there is an entry for them in /etc/chroots
they will be chrooted to the specified area (allowing several people to be
chrooted to a common sub-area) and if there isn't an entry for them, they will
be chrooted to their home directories.

The things I specifically would like feedback on are :

1. Should the login group be set to a different gid for some reason?  If so,
   why and what would be a better group?

2. Should I build some sort of prepackaged utility to set up chrooted
   environments (creating directory hierarchies, copying binaries, libraries,
   device files, etc) and if so what would the -minimum- set be for basic
   functionality?

3. The format for /etc/chroots will be username:path-to-root  does anyone
   have a problem with that? :)

4. Anything else anyone wants to comment on regarding this that is useful
   or at least interesting :)

     [ licia@o-o.org ] [ http://www.o-o.org/~licia/ ] [ Alias : Ladywolf]
     [ Telnet to o-o.org and log in as bbs ]    [ ssh -l bbs -C o-o.org ]
     [        A happy user of FreeBSD : http://www.freebsd.org/         ]

  main(){int num[4]={1768122732,762265697,1919889007,103};printf("%s\n",num);}