Date:      Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:08:31 +0100
From:      Philipp Lengemann <freebsdmail@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   9.0-RC2 - xf86-video-savage driver - whole system freeze

After upgrading from 8.2-Release to 9.0-RC2 on my T23 there's a problem
related to xf86-video-savage driver. Every time I start X, the
environment looks fine at the first sight. In my case Openbox starts
through xinit(1) and it runs. But after starting an application
just like Openbox context-menu or something through autostart.sh, the
whole system freezes. There's no other option than hard reset at this
moment and it doesn't leave anything like errorlogs. Vesa-driver works
smoothly.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Latest ports:

xf86-video-savage-2.3.2
xorg-server-1.7.7_3,1
--
FreeBSD bsdmobil.YogSothoth 9.0-RC2 FreeBSD 9.0-RC2 #0: Sat Nov 12
18:09:11 UTC 2011