Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 1997 13:01:19 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>, hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty), current@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: tcp/ip buglet ?

> > Not sure what the problem is here. However, I remember a similar
> > situation once a long time ago and the fix was to make sure that
> > the struct sockaddr_in was completely zeroed and the sa_len field
> > was properly set before doing the bind.

Speaking of this problem, I can characterise it some more:

If you are binding to an address that is not INADDR_ANY (ie. not 0),
*all* of the sin_zero bytes must be zero.

To me, this is kinda silly.  It sounds as though there is some code
somewhere that is not using the sin_len/sa_len field, although I can't
find it.

Anyone have any ideas?

mike