Date:      Sun, 14 Dec 1997 17:17:20 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        pete@sms.fi (Petri Helenius)
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, don@partsnow.com, tristan@mpegtv.com
Subject:   Re: RTP tools (was: Re: Remote and Voice control)

>  > The of course move a couple of meters away from your screen :)
>  >
> Yes. I've been looking at the TV-out cards but haven't decided on any
> of them yet. However since my TV has RGB input, would anyone know if

i don't like them much, plus some of them tend to reprogram the video card
so they might not work well with XFree.

> XFree can be tuned to small enough resolution with interlacing to be
> displayed on the TV?

you can always try -- hack up some more for interlaced output, 15625Hz
oriz. frequency, 50Hz vertical, and try to provide composite sync on
the green channel...

The only problem is, your monitor might suffer in this case.
I don't think they can go as low as 15625Hz of horiz. frequency.

	Luigi