Date:      Thu, 1 Oct 1998 13:49:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        noodene@beloit.edu (Eric S. Nooden)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A question?

According to Eric S. Nooden:
> Ok, I liked the Answer Man Q&A.  I never mounted my floppy drive before so
> I found it pretty informative.  Unfortunately, I ran into a problem
> mounting the floppy.  I did the fdformat, disklabel, and the newfs
> successfully but when I try to use "mount /mnt" I get the error:  "mount:
> /mnt: unknown special file or file system."  Have I done something wrong?

	Does the file mountpoint /mnt exist?  If not, as root,
	you have to create it.

> (I am using 2.2.7).  Also, after I get it mounted, how do I view its
> contents and transfer stuff to it.

	Once you've mounted the floppy on mount it will be empty
	(with only . and ..).  You can cp files to it or from it.

	# cp -rp /etc /mnt

	for example, to save your current configuration files; then

	# ls -lsR /mnt

	to see what's there.

	The filesystem you've created on floppy is a parallel to
	what you have on your hard drive(s).

> One more question:  I there a way I can
> print the page...when I try to (from Netscape on Win95) it causes Netscape
> to crash and no printing is done.

	Sorry, don't know nothin' about DOS/Lose95.  I could hand-wave
	here, but I deplore handwaving, so I'm cc'ing your questions
	to the -questions list.

	If you're not already subscribed to questions@freebsd.org,
	you might consider it.  Hundreds of super-savvy folk over
	there.

	Please let me know about your /mnt mountpoint and if you
	get everything working.

	gary kline

--
   Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service uNix