Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:04:48 -0500
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Jason Lieurance <jason@vipersystems.biz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nightly cron message question

Jason Lieurance wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Late couple days on our Freebsd 4.7 email/web server I've got this message in the
>nightly cron jobs:
>

>Checking setuid files and devices:
>
>Checking for uids of 0:
>root 0
>toor 0

You have this line:

    # 300.chkuid0
    daily_status_security_chkuid0_enable="YES"

    set in "/etc/defaults/periodic.conf" under the
"Security Options" heading, most likely.  I was under
the impression that this was set by default, as that
is the name of the directory it's in.   I would be curious
as to why this wasn't happening before.

Check the dates on said file and directory.  Have
you recently run "mergemaster", perhaps?

>I've searched and some said it had to do with an incomplete dmesg or something like
>that. There are some errors:
>

>> <>pid 82522 (libhttpd.ep), uid 65534: exited on signal 11
>> <snip>

Something dumped core or what not, then.

>> <>but I've had those before w/o the:
>>
>> Checking for uids of 0:
>> <snip>
>> Any thoughts, thanks.

Like I said, completely normal, although why they weren't
coming in before I can't guess....

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.