Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2022 07:56:46 +1100 (EST)
From:      Dave Horsfall <dave@horsfall.org>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] Deprecation of the ftp support in pkg

On Mon, 24 Jan 2022, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:

> > [...] Tho I must admit I find @bapt's recent tcp proposal an
> > interesting and appealing idea. :-)
>
> The proposal is now in anyway ;)

That was fast; excellent service, sir!  I now have even more reason to
upgrade my ancient server (FTP is forbidden on my LAN; SSH was trivial to
set up).

> I am just struggling on the name of the scheme: tcp:// or pkg+tcp://
> (with a rename of ssh into pkg+ssh:// :D)

I'm only a minnow here, but that "+" looks pretty ugly; are there any
other methods that contain a "+" symbol?  It looks like a sort of a port
variant (in MacOS terms, which I also use).

-- Dave