Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:05:57 -0500
From:      Bill Vermillion <bv@wjv.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Maximum recommended user limits on mail server

A person I know is looking to have a mail server with 10K-15K
accounts and 50 virtual domains.

He's thinking he needs to go with 'big iron' such as SUN.

ISTR that I've seen many systems discussed on this list with user
counts far higher than that running on BSD systems.

Any pointers to references or a quick summary of your server
for systems which match the above would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bill
--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com